Tuesday, October 2, 2007

It's A Beautiful Day

so i am now 31 years old. how kinda weird is that.


i had a great birthday. My roomates spoiled me......like....paid for a whole day for me. the ladies at sari bari blessed me and our bengali staff gave me great thought ful gifts as well.


here are some photos.


i woke up to the theme song from U2 "Its a beautiful Day" blaring in the morning. I was then given a note that asked what i wanted for breakfast. I wasn't allowed to come out of my room yet. I had to wait.


I came out of my room to the site of flowers in the shape of hearts in the hallway....i love hearts and flowers.







Then i started to find notes hidden all over the house randomly. I loved it.





Then i got to open some presents. ITs was really funny. Beth and sarah both got me the same shirt!!!! the red shirt from the Gap that says "Inspired". it's a special name God gave me at the staff retreat. Beth bought me a small sexy one and sarah a little bit bigger one that i could wear here.

we got in a taxi and headed to the tollygundge club. where we layed around all day long by a pool. ate some good food. our friends charolette and jullian came and i got some really really cute earings from them.

Then we went out for a nice dinner.

and then home........

andi will write a blog entry later about what i found when i got home!!! it deserves a whole blog entry!!!

i love sarah and beth and how they were so generous and thoughtful that i could hardly recieve from them. i love that i am about to go make chips salsa and cheese dip...in india!! i love the book i am readin....acts of faith. i love ange. i love michelle and how if i need practical advice she will give it to me. i love that the sari bari ladies got me an elephant top and sparlkly skirt....more pictures to come. i love that i got to talk to my mom for an hour the day before my birthday!!!! i love that in two weeks we are taking our bengali staff to nepal for a staff retreat.

1 comment:

Courtney Patch said...

Awesome. So glad you had such a beautiful day. Love you!