Saturday, October 13, 2007

some good things


we went to the gatch on Friday...it was sad.

so today was good. we are keeping sari bari open on Saturdays for the next month so the ladies will have time to make up for the time they loose during the holidays.

so it was me and four ladies from sari bari today. i loved it. we called it our "choto poribar" (our small family). and the four ladies that are there......i know i am not supposed to have favorites but they are just great. these four imparticular love being at sari bari. they don't make a lot of blankets each month but they love, love working at sari bari. so i love being there with them.

and i got a package in the mail from one of my most thoughtful friends...Laura. she sent me an elephant mask, beef jerky (shared that with some of the ladies who eat beef!!!), an amazing amazing dvd with movies and sermons, some candy and some boas that are orange and blue. i felt loved.

so today was a day when i feel hopeful. love that.

i leave tomorrow for nepal with beth and the team. pray for sarah....the passport situation is almost cleared up but there are no no no tickets out of this city due to the holidays.

i love our indian friend micheal and bopi. i love the book i am reading. i love that i am so freaking tired and can't wait to go to bed. i love that it might be cold in nepal. i love water.

2 comments:

Kyle said...

Kristen,

I read through all the prayer requests for this month. Thank you for the detail. I was wondering about a lot of things. Now I know how to prayer a little more clearly and intentionally. You guys are wonderful. I'm glad your b-day was beautiful.

Laura said...

Yeah, I'm so glad you got it. Did you like my note on the candy? Yeah I just saw the boas and elephant mask in the $1 section at target and it made me think of you making Shombu laugh...or cry, I hope not that.

I love that often a story about you comes up within the first hour of when I meet new people!