Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Can God control you ipod?

(i just put this picture on here because its pretty)
so i was at sari bari yesterday. sewing away happily on my blanket. the weather is starting to cool off and i was starting to think about christmas. i wanted to hear some carols. so i got out my ipod to listen to a christmas song. i couldn't find any.

so i just put on what i thought was random mix and put an ear bug in my ear.

the first song was this amazing song about Freedom. we have been talking about all these things lately like.....freedom in Christ, and finding your identity in God's love etc. etc. and i was like "wow, God is speaking to me". i listend to the song and had a God moment.


Then another song came on about freedom. i was again like "wow!! this is amazing. God is really trying to tell me something"


then i third song came on and at this point i was really really freaking out...."like how is God doing this? this is amazing? i think he really wants freedom for me!!"


it was when i went to turn off my ipod after the third song that i realized instead of putting my ipod on random i had left it in the "F" section because the last song i was looking for was feliz navidad of the veggie tales christmas album.

so God wasn't really controlling my ipod. i just left it on the F section.

however, for a couple minutes i really think i believed that God could control my ipod.


I love iron yoga. i love that when i talk to silas he can ask questions that disarm my defenses. i love that i bought a sling shot on the street to try to hit the crows that stand on our veranda. i love that my brother loves halloween so much. i love that dad and ann are going to visit my brother for thanksgiving and my whole family will be there and i get to call them. i love that today there is a bond and we got a day off. i love that its randomly raining to day (must be global warming)

1 comment:

Mike Rea said...

maybe you did put it on random but God moved it back to "f"

maybe God controlled your finger to leave it on "f"

maybe God controlled your thoughts so that you just THOUGHT you put it on random

probably the most likely "maybe" is that God knew what day you would leave your ipod on "f" thus playing 3 straight songs on freedom so he orchestrated all the other conversations and thoughts to happen just before you played your ipod incorrectly or...correctly.