Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I MIss my Vanessa

So today i got my hair cut in India. this has never happened before. I heard a few horror stories from friends about their hair cut so i have been avoiding it. I have been going home enough that each time i would go home Vannessa would cut my hair. Not only is vanessa an amazing hair dresser, she is also a great friend. While i am getting my hair cut we chat and laugh and catch up....its great. I look forward to it every time i go home.
This is vanessa after she cut my hair last time i was home.
my experience this time was a little different. i went to this post salon on park st. I have walked by it 100's of times and never went in but my friends here say there is this guy who is the best. he does runway show in Paris and stuff. so i booked him.

i walked in the saloon and immediately felt so so so uncool and hip. i woke up lat that morning and was kinda grubby and i have my kinda big awkward bag with me. and everywhere there is all dressed up and looking so stylish.

i sit for a long time. and all of the sudden out of the blue i feel a tug on my arm and it my friend Maya!!!! she has been working there for about 2 months cleaning etc.!! it was crazy.

so i waited some more and maya told me to tell them that i here and to tell Ramen (that's his name).

well i guess the receptionist forgot to tell him i was there to get my hair done by him.

finally i get my hair washed by an assistant and then she proceeds to run a brush through my hair...note i have curly hair.

then ramen comes. you can tell he is the boss. the moves through the store and everyone kinda get outs of his way. he is kinda youngish...my age it think.

i show him a picture of my favorite hair cut vanessa ever gave me and he say "too curly". I say "um okay" but i would like some fun layers. i was a little intimidated at this point.

He then started to cut away. and my hair kept getting drier and drier and he didn't put in any product or anything. but he was cutting great and even used the razor just like Vanessa.

he cut and then he used a blow dryer and literally just blew it dry.....no scrunching or moose. when i look i the mirror i almost started crying. i had this huge frizzy mane. he tells "you hair isn't as curly as it was in the picture" i am freaked.

but then he did take some moose (sp?) and kinds crunches it up and then blow dries the top straight. so i have this kinda straight bouncy hair-do.

the verdict is still out.

we shall see how it looks washed with some gel in it.


I love getting my hair cut by vanessa in america. i love America's customer service. i love that the guy who cut my hair is like this international famous hairdresser and it cost me about $5 dollars more than a fantastic sams hair cut in the states. i love that my fair feels bouncy and good. i love that i really really need a tan.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oooh that is so scary!! Not the hair, the experience of course. Yeah, I may be liking it being a little different and all, and it seems like having less hair would be nice when it's hot. But I definitely want to see pics once you've done it yourself. Keep us posted!

Courtney Patch said...

LOVE this story. And I love that you saw Maia there!!! At least it didn't turn out dark purple like my Kolkata salon experience:) I'm sure its cute. Love you.