Saturday, February 2, 2008

lovin' the hair

my haircut is way cute....will email a picture later. its still as curly as it ever was. yipee!!!
yesterday, we had a celebration at SB. it was 7 ladies i year celebration of freedom and two ladies have complete their 6 months training. it was really fun.
i forget sometimes how amazing life is here. we laughed so much yesterday. i felt like i belonged there and felt attached to our ladies. i forget how constant we arein each other's lives. i for them, them for me.
we danced and ate cake and took pictures.

this morning we had our network meeting. its a group of all people who work in the red-light areas. and to my amazement. its working. we had the pastor's tea, we have plans for the future. and the thing is we are all the different people from about 6 or 7 different countries coming together because we belive Jesus and are beliveing that change is possible. a women from new zeland today gave such a timely devotion about the verse that talks about a seed doesn't bear fruit unless it dies. and she talked about that time between the death and the rescurection...the time of waiting.
she felt that GOd has given her a word for us as network....that HE was pleased with us, and our lives and work were like a pleasant fragrance to HIm.
that almost made me. because sometime i feel like all i let off it a gross stink because i am so aware sometimes of my own struggles here. but its like I felt grace today. the waiting is because God loves me. IF he didn't love me, He would leave me, give up on me, turn HIs face and let me be the way that i am.....He is refining my character during the waiting not to punish me or show me how bad i am but because he loves me and He had plans and had plans to use me.

so that is good.

gotta run.

i love diet coke.....really i am addicted. i love sugarless mint gum. i love how leonora laughs. i love that i almsot have all the tickets bought for my trip with mom and aunt susie. i love tha tmy hair is really sassy. i love when people notice your haircut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you are so real, raw and untamed, I love that you're my friend and you inspire me, I love that you love india and that somehow without ever having been or seen the place, you make me love it too. I love that when you come home we have the best late night talks and then seriously miss our sleep the next morning. I love you!!!

April said...

in church last week the pastor said: you are loved more than you know. and when he was done, he sat down by his daughter who snuggled up to him (she's like 16) and he put his arm around her. and i thought: you are loved more than you know. such a beautiful picture framed by words that can be hard to believe. you are loved more than you know, k.

angela said...

thanks for sharing your heart and words with me...i've read all those before but they still make me cry.

i'm sure the hair is fabulous. i'm getting a skype headset, so soon we can chat.