Tuesday, February 12, 2008

why today was a good day

1. i have been feeling so drained lately. i asked beth yesterday if God could put fight in me again to fight for the girls. Today, i got to fight for a girl.

2. i had three people compliement my bengali today.

3. as i was taking the metro home today i saw a girl i knew from the gatch and we got to sit together.

4. i discovered a possible new food obsession...a paneer pastry.

5. the auto driver regonized me and told the other passengers that i speak bengali. we then had a conversation about our business.

6. I got to cut rolls for blankets at sari bari with Gita

7. I realized how free i am to make a decision. on my metro ride i realized that i wasn't worrying about anything....no boys, conflicts...i was free and it was so nice.

8. i bought by tickets to go on my "get the freak out of kolkata" retreat next weekend. i am going to see Tammy. and i am going to go by myself and love it.

9. i took an 1/2 hour nap today when i finally got to sari bari. i only take naps when i am really really tired. it was so nice.

10. i am obsessed with home made indian food lately. a lady at sari bari let me try some of her alu dum and it was sooo good. i am learning how to make kichuri and alu baja. i want to be able to teach my mom.

11. i had a conversation with ange two days ago and i still feel like i am processing lots of cool things.

12. as i am writing this i just got a text message on my phone from spice jet that told me about my ticket...how is that for service.

13. i love that in the past three day i have talked to ange, david, laura, and a little bit with kara and loved it.

14. today i contimplated seriousness and Jesus farting. sometimes i get soooo serious and forget to laugh and remember that God has a sense of humor. today i wondered if Jesus would rip one with all of His dsciples around and then laugh...i mean it was a bunch of men. who knows??/ but it makes me smile.


i think that is all. it was a good day and i am so wonderfully tired. i am goign to bed.

1 comment:

angela said...

nice....the whole post is just nice. you never cease to amaze me with your thankful heart.

do you think i should ask my profs about the probability of gaseous jesus?

oh, and the joke...well, not really funny. i think though, hearing it delivered from the pastor (giggling away at his own joke), would have made it better.