Monday, January 21, 2008

dancing in the streets

yes....my all time idol....Micheal Jackson...he may be really creepy and weird now...but Thriller, Bad, Billie Jean, beat it.... the man can bust a move like no other!!!!
Shakira......dancing idol #2
janet jackson...dancing idol #3....come on folks'...rhythm nation was awesome!!!



so i have joined a dance class. i have dance two days a week from 6:00 - 7:00 pm. my friend avishek and i have joined. sarah and beth are both learning how to play instruments, i decided to learn how to dance. i love love dancing. if a guy ever wants to win me over...just dance with me. however, i am finding that dance class is not really like dancing. its a lot harder. usually when i dance i don't think about the moves or what comes next...i just dance and laugh and have so much fun. and i am still having fun, that is until i have practiced the same step over and over again and can't seem to remember it still. however, that is good for me. it makes me have grace for myself and laugh and have fun anyways.
i am learning hip hop (my favorite) salsa, some bollywood stuff, jazz (my least favorite) and some other types. its such great exercise.
i am by far the oldest and only foreigner in my class. most of the students are girls and are the age of 14-21. but i am making friendship with them and they are getting more used to the crazy white girl in the back who laughs at her mistakes.

so i am enjoying getting my groove on. its fun and frustrating to learn something new. maybe you will one day get to see my moves in person. until then just think of kristin shaking her bootie like shakira ohttp://www.muvids.com/shakira_videos/hips_dont_lie.htmlr Janet Jackson (her two female dancing idols). and at least know that in my own mind i look like them when i dance.

i love that beth can make me laugh at most anything. i love that sarah was missed when she went to Delhi this weekend. i love that my brother never ceases to surprise me. i love that my step sister sent me a picture of her sonogram. i love that one of my small group girls gave birth to a 10.5 lb baby!!!!

7 comments:

Kara said...

i love that you said "making friendship." you have lived in asia too long:) and i can't wait to see your moves...do you wear hot pants while you dance?

MICHELLE CULLUM said...

please post video of you and avishek dancing bollywood style (kyle's request). bollywood huh...we definitely want to have a personal display of this dance...maybe we could have a dance off between you and prema...although she only has one move. this is hilarious..you go girl. by the way ...your mom dances like a gallop horse.

ps are you are that you can have facebook announce to all your friends that you have posted a new blog entry...check it out under notes. cool huh

Courtney Patch said...

Leave it to me to say this, but this totally reminds me of the Friends episode where Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel take the dance class. Phoebe is doing her own thing and saying, "I'm doing it...I'm totally doing it!" :) Made me think of you; I bet you guys look fabulous. I second Kyle's request; video please! Love you!!!

Kristin said...

i can't stop laughing!!! you guys are cracking me up!!! what season is that court? between "making friendship", gallop horses, and phoebe i can't stop smiling!!
i am defiently not ready for a video yet but beth keeps saying that she is going to make me a shiny dance shirt. so if that comes into reality....i can post a picture for you all. until then...the images of shakira and janet will have to do.

angela said...

mmmhmmmm....video!

you have to really work on your facial expressions too...like really big cheesy grins and lots of eyebrow waggles a la ashwaryia. i can hear the dance class now....

"oh gosh! do i look natural? can we have a best popcorn ever and diet coke break? bollywood dancing is ripping my face off!"

Courtney Patch said...

It's in season one; the episode where someone steals Monica's credit card (the reason she enrolls in the dance class). "I'm Monana!" heheh

Lara said...

Kristin,
I love this post. I think it's amazing that you can make me laugh so hard even when I am no-where near you. I can't wait to see your dance moves at some point in life. I'm confident I will get the chance. Oh and Servant Team Fall '07 agrees--a video would be great. ;)