Wednesday, January 2, 2008

a good year so far

i had one of the best new year's ever. brook came down from nepal. and we had all our english friends come over. There were around 15 of us (perfect). We played pictionary Brits vs. americans and we lost. we sang the star spangled banner at the top of our lungs off our veranda. we danced and danced and danced. it was soooo fun. we found that British boys are superior in some ways to our American boy in the fact that they love to dance. like....they just dance. they don't try to be funny they just dance. it was quite refreshing and so good.
and then we played charades until 4 am!!!! yes 4 am!!!!
then everyone came over the next day at around 1 and we ate french toast, and watched movies on the big screen until late that night. it was heavenly. and perfect. i feel like i was away on holiday. am so much loving our friends here.
but today was back to work. brook went back to nepal. i did work. life is good.

i love my picture sarah got me from Christmas "the lord will fight for you. you need only be still". i love that my dad misses me. i love the feeling looking at stars gives you. i love that even though i am far away from my friends and family i really do try to keep them close to my heart here. i love that my British friends didn't know what sororities, fraternities and my UF pajama pants were. it was very foreign to them.

No comments: