Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oh Ma!!!

Well, my mom and aunt susie left last night. its sad. it was great to have my mom here. i think we got to know each other better here. its was like having all my worlds clashing at once for me. very rarely does that happen. my life in america is very separate from my life here in kolkata. i always talk about bringing kolkata with me to America but this time i was able to take america with me to share with my friends in kolkata. it was great. my mom and aunt did great. they had such great attitudes when they got tired and were willing to try most things (even eating with their hands). i was really really proud of them. i think it was my favorite part to be able to take them with me to the red-light area and SB. it was so great to introduce the most important people in my life to the most important people in my life. we got to go see the taj mahal, go on a trek in nepal, meet chris hueurtz, not go to sudder st.... even once (am proud of that), be so sore together we could hardly walk, bryiani with the SB ladies, go on a boat ride here, have tea on the streets, walk the line in the gatch and so many awesome things. however, today i am going to do nothing but watch TV and eat the Cheetos that my mom brought me.



me and the ma at the taj mahal..............
this is the view from the picnic bench at one of the cabins we stayed at on our trek
don't my aunt and my mom look so freakin beautiful!!! the ladies dressed them up in saris.
one of the little restaurants we ate at on our trek....note: this is before we actually had trekked and we are still looking fresh and ready for what is ahead.
beth and i keepin' it real nepali style
i love when my mom start laughing so much she can't control herself. i love that everyone that meets my mom likes her. i love that my aunt susie is her beautiful spunky self. i love that all three of us mush our ice cream. i love the comfort that can only come from family...especially my mom. i love that i got a huge from my mom when i went to bed here in kolkata. i love that my mom and aunt's heart hurt for the ladies in the gatch. i love that my family got to see why SB is such a hopeful place. i love my aunt susie. i love my mom.

2 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

These are so amazing!!! And the title of the post cracked me up. Remember the woman at Khaligat, when we were all on our servant team like a bazillion years ago that would say that over and over? Aww. And I really did love that doorway photo on your facebook! Good eye Keen:) Love you!!!

Melissa/Mel said...

i'm so impressed that you could avoid sudder street the whole time! love the pics. love that your worlds got to collide!