Saturday, November 10, 2007

throwing eggs off our roof


so, maybe my fever came back...everyday, since wednesday......its getting better.


but today we had three guys from the gatch over to our house today. i think i have written about them before.

well today we had an "egg drop contest". i found a whole bunch random things around the house; a pack of klenex, a box, newspapter, sari scraps, tape, plastic bottles and a tupperware container and the boys had to make an egg protector. then the contest was to see if they could make an egg protector that would protect the egg after we dropped it off our roof (5 stories)
we started by dropping their contracption from me standing on a chair...and their egg made it.
then we dropped the protected eggs out our window.....and the egg didn't break.
then we went up on my roof. josh (a servant team member) made a parachute and attached it ot eh box that became known as the egg box. this is when i realized the randomness and wonderfulness of my life.
i looked over the edge of my 5 story flat and down below were to amazing teenage guys from the gatch and a servant team member trying to get people to not walk on that part of the side walk so they wouldn't get killed by a flying box.
and then on the roof with me was our friend S, and josh.
and there was something so freeing about throwing a box with an egg wrapped in Kleenex, and sari and put in a plastic container with a bright red, sari parachute off my roof. i smiled and giggled and thanked God.
and the eggs....yes they put three in the box...never broke...even after falling 5 stories from our flat.
the boys did such a good job.
i Love that i haven' been feeling well and even though i am 31 i want to talk with my parents. i love how good of a job my roommates have done taking care of me. i love playing. i love that today i got to take a nap. i love the we all blog stock each other in WMF!!!! i love that the three of us were looking at pictures from the board meeting and were jealous........how was it ange and court and jesse and liz and everyone that was there?????

5 comments:

testing123 said...

We had a blast!!! Before long Calvin, Liz, Andrew and I will be back in Asia having great times with you all.

Melissa/Mel said...

love it kristen...love that you threw eggs off the roof. love it!

Kristen Compston said...

i'm jealous of the board meeting too, when will my time come?

Courtney Patch said...

You were missed, Miss Keen. I love this entry too; it is very you, and glad that you have some friends there to play with! That's awesome. And so creative! An e-mail is coming...love you!!!!

April said...

it was good...i posted about it on my blog...aprilfolkertsma.blogspot.com
praying that you're feeling better soon!