Saturday, April 12, 2008

random happiness

i really love my dance class. its really full at this point...about 15 of us in this rather small room. currently we are learning a jazz routine (i really don't like it at all) and a hip-hop routine (which i love). I find dancing to be a challenge and i am having a lot of fun and find it quite humbling. i find still that what i want to look like in my mind dancing (aka shakira or janet) is not really reality yet...in fact i am happy if i can nail more then 7 dance steps in a row!!!

and my dance teacher is cool. her name in Mon Chu. she is this petite little thing who dances sooo good. she is pretty much a mini asian shakira. she is my indian dance idol. sometime i pretend i look as cool as her.

and today i got a picture of my niece...her name is olivia....isn't she cute!!!

other random happy news...our friend blessed us with some money to go and have a nice night at a hotel...so we are going for a night at the tollygunge club. A/C here we come!!!
i love that india really is such an amazing country. i love that sometimes i can really laugh at myself. i love my vanilla incense from nepal. i love putting my christmas light on, my bangladesh lamp, pouring me a class of wine and putting on my smooth mix from my itunes which consist of greats like nora jones and billy holiday. oh the goodness.

2 comments:

Courtney Patch said...

Next time you're in class I want you to say, "I'm doing it! I'm totally doing it!" Even if its totally wrong; so you can quote Phoebe in your dance class:) Love you!

Courtney Patch said...

p.s. I was just thinking that you might really like Madeleine Peyroux (I think that' show you spell it). She is kind of a cross betweenn Billie Holiday, and Nora Jones. She's my "red wine" and "baking or cooking" music.